Sunday, April 27, 2014

The struggle is real.... My Struggle With PCOS

There are quite a few nifty little apps out that that let you chart whatever you want on this road of infertility. You can chart your periods, your intercourse, your moods, your discharge consistencies. Anything and everything. You can also chart your basal body temperature. 

This is taking your temperature when your body is completely still. You are supposed to do it at the same time every day and it should be in the morning before you do anything else.

Sounds pretty easy right? Just have your thermometer next to your bed and your phone is always right with you. Super easy! 

Unless you're me! 

You see, I work at 6:30am Mon-Friday excluding Tuesdays I work at 11:30. If I work a Saturday is it at 7:30.  Many would say, "but don't you wake up at the same time every day Amanda"? My answer would be HELL NO! 

I am NOT a morning person. At all. My work is 4 miles away from my house. If I leave prior to 6:23 I will not hit any red lights and I will pull into the parking lot at 6:29 and make it up the stairs and onto the floor at exactly 6:30 to catch the first call in. 

That means that my alarm is set for 6:05. I then re-set it for 6:11. At 6:13 I jump out of bed, change my clothes, brush my teeth, brush my hair, then look for my glasses for a good 2-3 minutes, and THEN I run out the door. Most of the time the brush comes with me, so I can throw it half up in a clip around 8am when other people get to the office!(Remember in a previous post how I said I forget my lunch every day. That is why!) I usually am running out the door at 6:20. Then I realize I don't have my badge and/or my keys and have to run back inside. (Some days I realize I don't have any shoes on! This happened once last week!) 

So, I hit the road at around 6:23. It's a shitty morning routine and by the time I get to work I am sweating and completely out of breath. I keep deodorant in my desk at work and apply it when I sit down in my seat. This is usually the time when I realize I have on two different socks or red pants with a pink coat! (I've also said before I'm a hot mess. Which I am!) 

On days that I work late I sleep until around 10. My routine isn't as difficult, but sometimes I will hit the snooze and go back to sleep until 11! Oops! On weekends, who knows what time I get out of bed. Your guess is as good as mine. I love to sleep! I always have. One time in high school I told my mom I was tired on a Friday night around 4. I went to sleep and woke up at 7. I went downstairs and told her I was glad I got that nap in, I felt better. She looked at me like I was crazy. It was Sunday, at 7pm. I had slept for 51 hours. That's just me! I loveeeeee to sleep! 

So, taking my body temperature has proven to be a bit of a challenge. Everyone that we have talked to has said that this is pretty important. Along with the ovulation lots you can really get a feel for your body by taking your temperature! So, Nathan says he is going to start waking me up before he leaves for work in the morning (mind you we both have to be at work at the same time and he wakes up 1.5 hours before me)! And he says on Tuesdays we can set the alarm to just take the temp and then go back to sleep. Lord help us both! 

We'll see how this works out. Tomorrow will be our first test! This might get ugly. I'm not nice in the mornings! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment