Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Finding Hope in a dark world. My struggle with PCOS

I lie awake another night researching and researching. I read blog after blog and am just filled with disappointment. Is this really what my life is going to be like??

Last Monday, I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). It came with a side diagnosis of hyperinsulemnia (pre-diabetes) and a re-diagnosis of hypothyroidism. I guess you could say my life was turned upside down. 

My husband (Nathan) and I have been trying to conceive (TTC) for the last 17 months with no luck. About 6 months ago I got pretty serious about it, and still no luck. This month, I was given answers. I walked out of the Dr's office scared to death but so very relieved that I finally knew why we were unable to conceive. Then my internet research started and all the relief I had was soon washed away. 

I have had to remind myself that this journey through infertility and my road to being a healthy person will not be easy. But, I have hope. I have a wonderful support system around me and if I can be the light in somebodies now dark tunnel, then letting the world know my struggles will be all worth it. 

I hope that some women who was just told by her DR the same daunting news I was will stumble upon my blog and together we can fight this battle having hope for a better tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment