Sunday, October 14, 2012

I know..

Yesterday I married the man of my dreams. It was a beautiful day, filled with love, happiness and fun. We were surrounded by so many people who love and cherish us it was overwhelming at times. It was not lost on me that at times I was missing the person I wished more than anyone could have been there, my Grandpa.   All throughout the week it showed that Saturday was just supposed to be an awful day. We were supposed to have terrible storms and even a possibility for tornadoes. It stressed me out almost all week. In my family we have a saying, "it is what it is". I am not good at living to this saying because I have a tendency to want to control everything and have my hand in everything. The weather is just something that you cant change.

As I laid in bed Friday night, the night before I got to marry my best friend and become a wife, I cried and cried. I called out to my Grandpa and I begged him to let it be sunny for my wedding. I told him that I didnt care if it rained all morning, or if it rained during my reception, I just wanted it to be sunny for my wedding. 

Saturday morning as I pinned a heart made out of his bib overalls into the left side of my dress, I again asked him to please have it be sunny for my wedding.  As I sat on the trolley outside of the wedding ceremony waiting for everyone to go inside, I had my sister to my right and my cousin Afton to my left. I asked Afton what time it was, and she replied 4:30. The exact time my wedding was scheduled to start. As we sat there, the clouds parted and a ray of sunshine shone down. It lit up the lake and everything sparkeled. I couldnt hold back my emotions. I knew in that moment that my Grandfather was there with me. I had made a promise to him before he passed away that I would walk myself down the aisle when the time came, because he would be there with me, every step of the way. As I stepped off the trolley, I blew a kiss to the sky and walked down the aisle to marry the man of my dreams. I know my Grandpa was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment