Monday, October 24, 2011

Stay at home something

So, the United Way bake sale is tomorrow. I went to the store last night and got all of these fun fall/halloween ideas and I was going to bake them all tonight when I got off work. Well, I just got so excited that I got off at 11 today so I could come home and start baking. Nathan has also been wanting the crock-pot fiesta chicken that I make, so I threw that into the crock pot as well. Now that things are baking and our house is smelling so good, I could really get into this having days off.

Nathan came home for lunch and we were just standing in the kitchen together. It kind of felt great. I have never ever ever EVER wanted to be a stay at home ANYTHING. I always said that I would be back to work 2 days after I had the baby and my husband could take paternity leave. Well, now that I feel as if I am "nesting" without the baby, I could really get used to this staying home.

A couple of the things I made today were:

Pumpkin Muffins
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin
mix together

Fill muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

Leave plain or top with a cream cheese frosting

Crock-pot Fiesta Chicken
6-8 frozen chicken tenders
1 sm onion
1 lg pepper (whichever color you prefer)
1 jar salsa (Nathan prefers 1/2 jar hot salsa and 1/2 jar green really hot salsa)

Slice onion and pepper into large slices. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high for 6 hours. Take a fork and break chicken into pieces. Serve over rice for on tortillas.

I am also making:
2 dozen blueberry muffins (out of a package)
6 cherry turnovers
6 apple turnovers
12 Individual cherry and blueberry pies (in muffin tin)

Pumpkin rice krispy treats

When mixing rice krispy, use food coloring to die orange. Spray hands with non stick spray. Roll rice krispies into balls, can be any size. Add a tootsie roll for the stem and you have little pumpkins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment