Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How lucky we are

This weekend, Nathan and I had plans to go to my Aunt and Uncle's cabin in Southern Iowa. It was about a 3 hour drive and we really didn't want to make the full drive Saturday and then turn around and make it again on Sunday. So, we decided to go down to Newton Friday night and then drive the rest of the way Saturday. Plus my sister and brother in law were going as well, so they could just follow us down Saturday.

This took us to my Grandma's house on Friday night. She is seriously so predictable. Nathan got held up at work so we didn't get on the road until about 6:15. I had called my Grandma and told her not to make us dinner because we would be there late, and I didn't want her to stay up late. Yes, 8:00pm is late for her.  Well wouldn't you know, there was dinner there for us when we got home. She pushed and pushed food on us and Nathan just sat there and ate for her. As my Uncle and I were pushing my Grandma to go to bed, Nathan was saying that she could just stay up as late as she wanted to. As she went on and on about how she doesnt ever do anything, Nathan told her how exciting he thought her day was. She was just eating it all up.

Then comes Saturday. Nathan is outside playing with Jack and I am inside with my Grandma. I look over to see her crying and I asked her what was wrong. She told me 'I am just so lucky to have someone like him in my life". I asked her "Who Nannie? Kent?" She said "Well, yes Kent, but Nathan. I am just so lucky to have someone like Nathan in my life." I kind of set quite for a while as I was thinking to myself I AM THE LUCKY ONE! So I said "Nannie, don't you mean you are lucky that I have someone like Nathan in my life." And she simply said "No, I am lukcy to have someone like him in my life"

And with that, I say that we are BOTH very lucky to have someone like Nathan in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment