Monday, June 9, 2014

Truth My Struggle With PCOS

I think there are parts of this battle that no matter how great of a person you are, you're going to still face. 

Whenever someone announces their pregnancy or the birth of their child I am truly 100% happy for them! Having a child is an amazing miracle that many many people get to be blessed with. I would never want to take that away from someone. 

Is there jealousy? Absolutely. I think jealousy is around us all the time no matter what stage in life we are in. Right now I happen to want a child almost more then anything else. It is a natural reaction to be jealous of other people who get to have what you can't have. 

I have a friend on Facebook who had a baby today. I am so very happy for her. Her and her husband are amazing amazing people and they deserve nothing but happiness. This is her second child. She has had TWO children now in the time that we have been trying to have ONE. Ouch! That stings a little! 

When people say things like "you guys will make such great parents!", I take it as a compliment but it also stings a little. I KNOW we will make great parents! That's why we want to be parents so badly! 

So the truth is, I belive that you can be happy for people but also be green with envy for them too. And I think that it's okay! I think that jealousy is a natural feeling and especially in situations like this! 

1 comment:

  1. HOnestly I'm still jealous even though we've been blessed with Isaac. I'd like nothing more than to give him a sibling and it's highly unlikely that it will happen. Still, like you I am happy for those who are blessed with their babies--but oh so sad for those who don't have one, or who want more and can't....

    ReplyDelete