Sunday, June 22, 2014

My best friend! A blog NOT about infertility!

I was looking on Pinterest (because sleep is not something I do anymore) and came across a picture that was of two of the ladies in Sex and the City. I never watched the show so I don't know what their names are, but it was one friend looking at the other saying; "I had a thought today. What if I never met you?". 

This stopped me in my tracks. You see, I have this friend, who is my very very best friend. I met her in January of 2011 and we became fast friends. I don't know when it happened for sure, but sometime over the course of the months she became my soul sister. She is my best friend, my other half, my sister. Her name is Erin and she is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I don't even want to imagine my life had I never met her. 

We worked together for about a year before I left the department and then she ended up leaving the company a few months later. I thought at this point our relationship would suffer, but it never has. We just continue to grow stronger and stronger. 

One of the thing that I love most about our friendship is that her and my husband are also very close friends. It means everything to me. She actually knew my husband before she knew me. He helped train her too! ;)

Since knowing Erin there have been quite a few things that have happened in my life. From getting engaged to get married to losing my Grandma and all the good and bad in between. She has been there every step of the way. 

I have never known a friendship like mine and Erin's. I have never loved someone (besides my husband) so much that I would lay down my life for them. That is the love that I have for her. 

I know no matter what life throws at us or where life takes either of us, we will always be together. My heart is her heart and my soul is her soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment