Monday, December 19, 2011

Loss

This time last year I was preparing myself to lose the most important person in my life. My Grandpa was in hospice and he was pretty unresponsive at this time. They told us that they would be able to tell when the end was near with the breathing. I decided to take my Grandma home so she could try and get some sleep as I knew the next day was probably going to be a long one. Around 1 am my uncles came home from the hospital to get my Grandma and shortly after my Grandpa passed away with his entire family surround him.

There was something so peaceful about him passing. Almost a sense of relief. He had been in so much pain for so long and I was so happy that he was finally at rest. He fought cancer so hard to the bitter end. He probably didn't know that he was doing it, but at the same time he was teaching each and everyone of us the best lesson he ever could. You live your life to the fullest until the bitter end.

So, technically Dec 20th is the day that my Grandpa passed, but today is really the day that hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment