Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to Make Eating Healthy Easy!

When I first heard about Farrell's I was so excited about the work out part, but not so excited about the eating part. See, I don't really like food. I know, hard to believe with those stats I posted earlier. But I really don't. I was maybe eating 1 meal a day before and drinking about 5 20oz Mt Dews a day. I was essentially starving my body and filling it with pop. Great combo right?  Well when I heard that I would have to eat 6 meals a day, I was thinking how am I ever going to do this? Between work, school, working out and all the other things I have to do in a day where am I ever going to get the time to eat 6 meals a day?  Then I realized that a big part of the reason that I don't eat during the day is because I don't have the time to stop and making something. So, if all of my meals are pre-prepared then that would be very easy. So that is what I did. I am only on my 3rd day of this, but its a breeze! On Sunday night I prepared all of my meals (excluding my lunch sandwich) and placed them in Tupperware containers. I labeled them dinner, morning snack, evening snack and so on.  It has been so easy to just put those items in my lunch box in the morning and be on my way for the day.  Since I start my day now at 6:30 and don't get home until 10:30, I had to get a bigger lunch box! :)

Here is a list of some of the things that I am eating, they were all super easy to prepare.

Breakfast:
Protein Shake (vanilla powder and orange juice)
Banana

Morning Snack
Hard boiled egg
1/2 Whole Wheat Muffin

Lunch
Turkey Sandwich on flat bread
Carrots or Cucumbers

Afternoon Snack
Protein Shake
Grapes or Strawberries

Dinner
Baked Chicken Breast
Whole wheat pasta
red sauce
Green Beans

Night Snack
Cottage Cheese
Fruit cup in light syrup

All of my sides are measured out to 1/4 cup servings and they really are the perfect size. I feel myself getting hungry sometimes, but I have pretty much kept to the schedule of:

Breakfast 8:00
Snack 11:00
Lunch 1:00
Snack 3:30
Dinner 5:45
Snack 7:45

Sometimes at night when I get off work I get a little hungry, so last night I just grabbed a hand full of grapes and I was good to go. I have also found water to be a great meal filler. I am really trying to drink a full glass of water with each of my main meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

So, I know I'm not a professional, I am far far from it, but I have made it work. I love how I am eating now and can't imagine going back to the way it was before. And the best thing of all, NO MOUNTAIN DEW!! I am so proud of myself!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment