Thursday, September 30, 2010

Giving 100% all the time

Lately I have been extremely stressed out. I had to miss days of school and work being gone with my Grandma and it just gave me the feeling of being behind. I hate that feeling and I am the type of person who has to always give 100% in whatever I am doing. I set very high standards for myself and absolutely hate the feeling of failing. Although I might not be failing in other peoples eyes, I fail in mine and that is the worst feeling ever.  Lately, I have a lot of things to give my 100% and it isn't really working!  I am trying to come to the realization that I don't need to get perfect A's in all of my classes. I will graduate with a B, and it will be just fine. If i don't finish the end of the month at 200% to goal, things will be just fine. I only need to get to 100%. If I have to put down the medicine ball and just do crunches during my workouts, I will still be exercising.

Today I have really learned that lesson as I feel myself getting more and more stressed out. I have realized that the only thing stressing me out is myself and the pressure that I place on my self. So from now on I am going to try to lower my 100% standard and see how that works. I don't think by doing this I will lose who I am at all, I will just be a less stressed version of me, which could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment